March 16, 2012

Retiring in Pattaya: OA Visa

Retiring in Pattaya Thailand

Thinking of retiring in Pattaya? There are certain rules which govern a retirement in Thailand. They do change from time to time so always keep abreast fo retirement visa changes. Once you have decided to retire in Pattaya all you need to do is to arrange the needed paperwork which can get very tricky. Firstly you need to be over 50 in order to retire in Thailand legally. You will also need to ensure that you have the needed money to show that you are able to support yourself. When outside of Thailand you would need to arrange for an "O" or "OA" visa. This is normally issued and valid for 3 months.

When you enter Thailand the 3 months start and you need to have this visa extended. This can be don in Thailand and you would need to show that you have 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank account and prove that the money was brought into Thailand. The are other options but it is best to speak to an attorney with regards to a combination of a monthly pension income and a deposit in a Thai bank account IF you are married to a Thai citizen as the income and deposited money would differ as the financial requirements are lower.

Many who retire in Thailand are married to a Thai citizen, hence it is always best to speak to an attorney about retiring in Thailand beforehand. This is because you can either file for a retirement visa or an extended marriage visa. There are a variety of options to long to discuss on a webpage.

Speak to us at our lawyer in Pattaya or any of our other offices located in Thailand. You can also speak to us online NOW, or call our tollfree US and UK telephone numbers.

Recent Comments

    Lawyers Pattaya logo
    Our client service standards 
    affirm our commitment to 
    prioritizing the needs of our 
    clients and to ensure excellence 
    in all that we do.
    linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram